Life during the COVID-19 pandemic is rife with uncertainty. Many parents are trying to cope with their children running circles around them as they try to work from home, parent, and navigate COVID-19 themselves. Understandably, it can be hard to know how to parent effectively and to ensure that children’s physical and emotional needs are being met in the midst of a global pandemic.
In this webinar hosted by Amra Dizdarevic, Family Health Nurse Practitioner at Copeman Healthcare, listeners will learn about the physical and emotional effects the COVID-19 pandemic has on children, and will be equipped with resources to mitigate these effects.
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
The physical effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on children
- Prevalence of COVID-19 in children, symptoms, and treatment
- Effect of COVID-19 on pregnancy and newborns
- Any medications that should be avoided
- Primary care at Copeman for children during the pandemic
The effects of COVID-19 on children and adolescents’ mental and emotional health
- An approach to promote resilience and prevent downstream negative effects
- Learn stress busting skills
- How to build a family emotional safety plan
Please note that information on COVID-19 is developing rapidly and may have changed since this webinar aired. We encourage you to visit our COVID-19 web page for the latest updates.
To access this webinar, please tell us a little about yourself: