Growing up isn’t easy, particularly with all of the social pressures that face children and teens today. In a world where stress, anxiety, depression and substance abuse are common themes in adolescents, learning how the brain develops can help us understand certain behaviours such as risk taking and novelty seeking, which are implicated in anxiety, depression and substance use.
In this free online webinar presented by Amra Dizdarevic, Family Health Nurse Practitioner, you will learn about brain development by incorporating strategies for mitigation and prevention of mental health issues.
In this online webinar, we’ll discuss:
- An overview of brain development (specifically in adolescents)
- Common mental health issues (anxiety, depression, substance abuse)
- The effects of drugs and alcohol on the teenage brain
- Causes, signs and symptoms of anxiety, plus strategies for management
- Strategies for management and prevention at an early age
- …and more!
This webinar originally aired on April 5th, 2018, but is now available to you anytime as a recording.
To access this FREE webinar about adolescent brain development and mental health, please tell us a little about yourself: