The coconut and pineapple in this recipe add some tropical flavour and natural sweetness. The cottage cheese is a great source of protein while the oats and chia provide fibre. This tropical protein parfait is a great way to get your day off to a nourishing start.
Place it in a sealed container for a quick breakfast on the go or refrigerate for an easy snack.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup large-flaked rolled oats
- 1/4 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 cups low or no-sodium cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped fresh or unsweetened canned pineapple (drained)
- In a small skillet or saucepan, combine oats, coconut, and almonds. Cook on medium-low heat, stirring often until almonds and coconut become lightly toasted
- Transfer to a plate and let cool
- In a medium bowl, combine cottage cheese, chia seeds, and vanilla. Divide among 4 serving bowls
- Evenly top each serving with pineapple and then oat mixture