This Sriracha cauliflower is an easy appetizer which will surely be a party favourite! Serve with Tzatziki sauce for dipping or incorporate it into your meal as a side dish.
Adapted from Thug Kitchen
- 2 heads of cauliflower (cut into bite sized pieces)
- ½ cup flour (try using whole wheat)
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ cup Sriracha sauce
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce or tamari
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- In a medium bowl, mix water and flour into a smooth batter. Add cauliflower pieces to the bowl and coat them with the mixture.
- Spread the coated cauliflower pieces over a greased cookie sheet (sprayed with cooking spray or lightly coated with canola oil).
- Bake for 8 minutes, flip, and bake for another 8-10 minutes.
- In a saucepan on low heat, mix the sriracha sauce, olive oil, rice vinegar, and soy sauce (or tamari) together. Heat until warm and set aside.
- Transfer the baked cauliflower pieces in a large mixing bowl. Add the heated Sriracha sauce mixture, while keeping some of the sauce to drizzle over at the end. Stir the ingredients to ensure the cauliflower pieces are evenly coated.
- Place the cauliflower pieces back on the cookie sheet and bake for another 3-5 minutes.
- Drizzle extra Sriracha sauce mixture and serve warm as an appetizer.
Per serving (8 servings)
|Calories (kcal)||75||Protein (g)||4|
|Carbohydrates (g)||12||Fat (g)||2|
|Sugar (g)||3||Saturated Fat||0.3|
|Fibre (g)||3||Sodium (mg)||313|