A healthy twist on the original, these Skillet-poached Huevos Rancheros are only 285 calories per serving. Use plain greek yogurt for a low-fat, high protein alternative to sour cream. Delicioso!
- 2 cups salsa (aim for one that has a lower sodium count)
- 1×15.5 oz can low/no sodium black beans
- 4 large eggs
- 2 green onions sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 corn tortillas, warmed
- ½ cup fat free sour cream or fat free Greek yogurt
- In a large skillet, combine salsa and beans and heat until simmering.
- Make 4 wells in the mixture. Crack an egg into a small bowl and slide it gently into a well. Season each well with a bit of pepper to taste.
- Cook covered over medium heat for 3 -5 minutes if you want slightly runny yolks.
- Sprinkle with green onions and cilantro and divide among 4 plates. Serve with tortillas and sour cream/Greek yogurt.