Adapted from Oh She Glows
An easy, plant-based (vegan!) high protein snack, salad topper or a side with lunch or dinner.
Plant based recipe: Salt & Vinegar Roasted Chickpeas
- 1.5-2 cups cooked chickpeas (one 15-oz can), drained and rinsed
- 2.5-4 cups white vinegar
- 1/2-1 tsp fine grain sea salt, to taste
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil or parchment paper.
- Add chickpeas into a pot, cover with vinegar and add a dash of sea salt. Open a window and turn on range hood fan to air out the soon-to-be potent vinegar smell – you were warned!
- Bring the chickpeas to a boil and then remove them from heat. Let them sit in the pot for 15-20 minutes, uncovered.
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Carefully drain the chickpeas in a strainer and discard the vinegar. Place the chickpeas on lined baking sheet and drizzle them with olive oil and sea salt. Massage the chickpeas with your fingers until they are fully coated.
- Roast for 25-35 minutes, stirring once half way through. Keep a careful eye on them after 20 minutes of cooking to ensure they don’t burn.
- Cool on pan for 5 minutes. They will crisp up as they cool.
|Calories (kcal)||123.5||Protein (g)||6.0|
|Carbohydrates (g)||17.9||Fat (g)||3.5|
|Sugar (g)||3.1||Saturated Fat||0.4|