https://www.copemanhealthcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Quick-Chicken-Soup.jpg 328 862 Robert Lazzinnaro https://www.copemanhealthcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/copeman-healthcare.png Robert Lazzinnaro2017-04-24 16:21:312017-05-01 00:36:57Quick Chicken Soup
There is nothing quite like homemade chicken soup, especially during the rainy spring season.
This is the quickest method I have found to achieve a scratch stock and soup within 30-60 minutes. Please enjoy!
Makes 8 servings
- 4 chicken breasts – bone in for flavour! (important)
- 8 cups water
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 potatoes, yellow flesh, diced
- 2 onions, white, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 5 celery stocks, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 sprigs of rosemary and thyme
- 1 cup parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Using a large stockpot, heat olive oil and add the diced onions, carrots, celery, and garlic. Sauté for ~8 min.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the parsley) and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat to low-medium (low boil) and cook with the lid off for minimum of 30 minutes (or longer if you have time).
- Take out the bay leaves, rosemary sprigs, thyme and chicken breasts and let chicken cool for 5 min. Note: to remove excess fat, you can also skim the soup at this point.
- Remove the skin from the chicken and shred meat off the bone, add it back to the soup along with the chopped parsley.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving, without bread)
|Calories (kcal)||250||Potassium (mg)|
|Carbohydrates (g)||22||Sodium (mg)||400|
|Sugar (g)||Vitamin A|
|Protein (g)||29||Fibre (g)||4|
|Fat (g)||5||Calcium (mg)|
|Saturated Fat||Iron (mg)|