Ice cream is a popular summer treat to beat the heat, however it can come at a caloric price. Some top brands, such as Ben and Jerry’s, can clock in at 250 calories per half cup serving, with a whopping 20 grams of sugar!
This recipe for pina colada “nice” cream is a great option for a sweet summer treat that will curb those ice cream cravings. At only 84 calories per serving with 7 grams of sugar, it’s not only a super easy recipe, but it’s also dairy-free and contains no added sweeteners!
PINA COLADA NICE CREAM
Serves 20 (1/2 cup serving)
- 2-3 bananas peeled; coined and frozen
- 1 whole fresh pineapple (~5 cups); peeled, medium diced, frozen
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- In a food processor or Vitamix, blend all ingredients till smooth or until desired consistency is reached.
- Enjoy immediately or transfer blended ingredients to freezer safe container and freeze.
- Remove nice cream 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings; coconut, strawberries, and/or dark chocolate
NUTRITION INFORMATION (per half cup “nice” cream)
|Calories (kcal)||84.2||Potassium (mg)||–|
|Carbohydrates (g)||10.9||Sodium (mg)||3.7|
|Sugar (g)||7.0||Vitamin A||–|
|Protein (g)||0.9||Fibre (g)||1.1|
|Fat (g)||2.5||Calcium (mg)||–|
|Saturated Fat||1.3||Iron (mg)||–|
You can also check out a comparison for this “nice” cream with some standard grocery store options below!
Ben and Jerry’s Vanilla Ice Cream
|Calories (kcal)||250||Potassium (mg)||–|
|Carbohydrates (g)||21||Sodium (mg)||50|
|Sugar (g)||20||Vitamin A||–|
|Protein (g)||4||Fibre (g)||0|
|Fat (g)||16||Calcium (mg)||–|
|Saturated Fat||10||Iron (mg)||–|
Chapman’s Sour Cherry Tango
|Calories (kcal)||140||Potassium (mg)||–|
|Carbohydrates (g)||23||Sodium (mg)||40|
|Sugar (g)||15||Vitamin A||–|
|Protein (g)||1||Fibre (g)||0|
|Fat (g)||5||Calcium (mg)||–|
|Saturated Fat||3.5||Iron (mg)||–|