One-pan meals are ideal for the busy individual, and this recipe for a one-pan lemon roasted salmon with potatoes and asparagus covers all of your nutritional bases. Not only does it meet the requirements for the healthy plate model (1/4 protein, 1/4 starch, and 1/2 veggies), it offers healthy-brain benefits from the omega-3 fatty acid-rich salmon!
One-Pan Lemon Roasted Salmon, Potatoes and Asparagus
Adapted from Half Baked Harvest
- 1 pound baby potatoes, halved if large
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1 pound skin-on salmon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 3 lemons – zest of 2 lemons + 1 sliced for cooking
- 4 cups asparagus, ends trimmed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, combine the potatoes, 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt + pepper. Toss well to evenly coat the potatoes. Place in the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, honey, garlic, parsley, thyme, oregano, paprika, cayenne, basil and lemon zest in a bowl.
- After 15 minutes, remove the potatoes from the oven. Add the salmon to the center of the pan (if the salmon is large, cut it into smaller portions). Rub the spice mixture onto the salmon, making sure the salmon is well coated.
- Add the asparagus to the pan and toss with the potatoes. Scatter lemon slices all around the pan and on the salmon.
- Place in the oven and roast for 10-20 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily.
- To serve, remove the skin from the salmon and cut into 4 pieces. Serve with potatoes + asparagus.
|Calories (kcal)||390||Protein (g)||34.3|
|Carbohydrates (g)||27.2||Fat (g)||16.6|
|Sugar (g)||4.3||Saturated Fat (g)||2.6|
|Fibre (g)||4.9||Sodium (mg)||119.3|