https://www.copemanhealthcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/layered-jar-salad.jpg 328 862 Lindsay Diack https://www.copemanhealthcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/copeman-healthcare.png Lindsay Diack2013-04-04 03:08:392017-04-17 18:01:43Layered Jar Salad
INGREDIENTS (Serves 3)
- 1 cup uncooked wheatberries (makes 2 & 1/4 cup cooked)
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (makes 2.5 cups cooked)
- 1 cup edamame
- 1 cup diced red pepper (1 large)
- 1 cups diced orange or yellow pepper (1 large)
- 2/3 cup 100% pure orange juice
- 1/3 cup 100% pure apple juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp fresh minced ginger
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp kosher salt (to taste)
- In a small pot, bring quinoa and 1.5 cups of water to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until fluffy, about 15-20 minutes.
- In small pot, bring wheatberries and 2 cups water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer, until tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Chop the peppers. In a bowl or jar, whisk together the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- When the grains have cooked, grab 3 x 500-ml mason jars and layer: 1/2 cup wheatberries, 1/4 cup red pepper, 1/4 cup orange pepper, 1/2 cup quinoa and 1/4 cup edamame per jar.
- Makes enough for (3-4) mason jars. Or just mix the salad together into a big bowl along with the dressing. Keeps in the fridge for 5-6 days.
- You can pour on the dressing (1/4 cup per jar) in advance or just before serving. It won’t get soggy.
|Calories (kcal)||310||Vitamin A (μg)||775|
|Fat (g)||6||Folate (μg)|
|Protein (g)||14||Calcium (mg)||55|
|Carbohydrate (g)||41||Iron (mg)||11|
|Sugar (g)||12||Sodium (mg)||205|
|Fibre (g)||9||Potassium (mg)|