Use any one (or a combination) of our 6 recommended ancient grains for this 313 calorie per serving Italian Ancient Grain salad, delizioso!
- 1 cup cooked of any, or a combination of the following grains: quinoa, farro, spelt, barley, bulgur, amaranth, millet or buckwheat
- 6 cups of arugula
- 3 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup of fresh basil, chopped or torn
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup of bocconcini, quartered
- Instead of tomatoes, try cantaloupe using a melon baller and omit balsamic vinegar
- 3-4 slices of lean prosciutto, sliced
1. To cook grains, use 2:1 ratio of water to grain. Once boiling, reduce to simmer until all liquids are absorbed (15-20 minutes).
2. Whisk dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Toss vegetables, grains, and optional ingredients as desired, in a large bowl.
4. Drizzle with dressing and toss again. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Adding the protein option makes the dish a complete meal!
- For even more veggies, serve on top of mixed greens.
|Calories (kcal)||313||Protein (g)||14.5|
|Carbohydrates (g)||23.6||Fat (g)||18.1|
|Fibre (g)||3.1||Sodium (mg)||254|