Mmmm, curry! Use any one of the 6 recommended ancient grains for this healthy Indian grain salad. It’s only about 321 calories per serving!
- 1 cup cooked of any, or a combination of the following grains: quinoa, faro, spelt, barley, bulgur, amaranth, millet or buckwheat
- 1 cup carrots and 1 cup parsnips, peeled, diced and boiled for 5 minutes. Let cool before adding to other ingredients.
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cup of chickpeas or cooked lentils
- a dollop of 0%MF Greek yogurt on top (not shown)
- 1 cup mango or nectarines, cubed
- 1/3 cup of raisins
1. To cook grains, use 2:1 ratio of water to grain. Once boiling, reduce to simmer until all liquids are absorbed (15-20 minutes).
2. Whisk dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Toss vegetables, grains, and optional ingredients as desired, in a large bowl.
4. Drizzle with dressing and toss again. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Adding the protein option makes the dish a complete meal!
- For even more veggies, serve on top of mixed greens.