Use any one of the 6 recommended ancient grains to make this easy Greek salad. Only about 216 calories per serving!
- 1 cup cooked of any, or a combination of the following grains: quinoa, farro, spelt, barley, bulgur, amaranth, millet or buckwheat
- Juice of 1 lemon, 3 Tbsp olive oil and 2 tsp of dried oregano
- ½ cup of crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup chopped black olives
- ½ cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 1/4 cup peeled and chopped cucumber (optional)
1. To cook grains, use 2:1 ratio of water to grain. Once boiling, reduce to simmer until all liquids are absorbed (15-20 minutes).
2. Whisk dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Toss vegetables, grains, and optional ingredients as desired, in a large bowl.
4. Drizzle with dressing and toss some more. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Adding the protein option makes the dish a complete meal!
- For even more veggies, serve on top of mixed greens.