This cozy, bright, and nourishing “golden temple” soup is loaded with anti-inflammatory ingredients like turmeric, cauliflower, and cashews. While super creamy, you also get great texture from the crispy chickpea topping. So delicious!
Golden Temple Soup
Image and recipe adaptation from Pinch of Yum
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped into chunks or florets
- 2/3 cup raw cashews
- 1 ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 7–8 cups water
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Optional garnish: squeeze of fresh lemon, parsley, cilantro
- 1 can (19oz, 540mL) chickpeas
- Olive oil
- Spices: ground cumin, smoked paprika
For the Soup:
- Heat the oil in a deep soup pot. Add the onion, garlic, cauliflower, cashews, and turmeric. Sauté for 10 minutes or until very fragrant.
- Add the water (I usually start with 4 cups) and salt and pepper. Simmer until softened.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup to a smooth and creamy consistency. Use can use a high-powered blender for this alternatively.
- Add any additional water (remaining 2-3 cups) if you need to thin it out.
For the Spiced Chickpea Topping:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Spread them on a baking sheet. Sprinkle chickpeas with a dusting of cumin, smoked paprika, and salt (or any other spice combo you want).
- Drizzle with olive oil. Stir right on the pan, then roast for 30-40 minutes or until semi-crispy.
- Drizzle soup with a squeeze of lemon and top with spiced chickpeas and parsley or cilantro
- Serve with a simple mixed green/arugula salad and crusty bread for a complete meal!
Per serving, includes soup + spiced chickpeas
|Calories (kcal)||370||Protein (g)||16.4|
|Carbohydrates (g)||45.2||Fat (g)||16.6|
|Sugar (g)||11.3||Saturated Fat (g)||2.6|
|Fibre (g)||13.2||Sodium (mg)||662.3|