Just because a meal sounds fancy, doesn’t mean it has to be complicated. This recipe for a one-pan paprika chicken bake takes about 10 minutes to prepare and is full of flavour and veggies to please everyone in your family! Simply pop it in the oven and pair with spaghetti squash or a green salad for an easy weeknight meal.
Easy One-Pan Paprika Chicken with Veggies
Adapted from Jamie Oliver
Makes 4 servings
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut into large wedges
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, de-seeded and chopped into 2cm chunks
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed
- ½ a bunch of fresh thyme, leaves picked from stems
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place all the chopped veggies in a large baking dish or roasting tray (roughly 25cm x 30cm).
- Add the smashed garlic, chicken thighs and fresh thyme leaves to the tray.
- Add the paprika, olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and a good pinch of salt and pepper to the above mixture and toss well to coat evenly.
- Spread the mixture evenly across the tray, making sure the chicken isn’t covered by the vegetables.
- Roast for around 1 hour, or until the chicken is golden and cooked through, turning and basting it a couple of times during cooking.
- Serve with spaghetti squash or a lovely green salad!
NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
|Calories (kcal)||312||Protein (g)||28.7|
|Carbohydrates (g)||21.8||Fat (g)||13.7|
|Sugar (g)||4.4||Saturated Fat||3.3|
|Fibre (g)||4.5||Sodium (mg)||7.7|
|Iron (mg)||N/A||Calcium (mg)||42|