A little sweet and a little sour, these chili lime jicama sticks make for a refreshing afternoon snack or accompaniment for your next BBQ. Not only do they have a healthy dose of fibre to help keep you feeling full, but they’re very low in calories – so you won’t feel guilty for sneaking in more than one serving!
Chili Lime Jicama Sticks
Adapted from This Mess is Ours
Makes 8 servings
- 1 medium jicama, peeled
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp honey
- Cut the jicama lengthwise into ½” thick slices, then cut the slices into ½” wide sticks.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk the lime juice, orange juice, vinegar, chili powder, red pepper flakes (if using), salt, pepper, cilantro and honey until well combined.
- Add the jicama sticks to the bowl and toss to combine. Marinate for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Arrange the marinated jicama slices into tall serving glasses or mason jars. Serve immediately.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
|Calories (kcal)||37.7||Protein (g)||0.7|
|Carbohydrates (g)||8.9||Fat (g)||0.1|
|Sugar (g)||1.8||Saturated Fat||0|
|Fibre (g)||4.1||Sodium (mg)||78.6|
|Iron (mg)||1.11||Calcium (mg)||8.5|