It can be challenging to find easy, summer BBQ-friendly recipes that are vegetarian and vegan friendly. Well, look no further than these beet and lentil patties!
Beet and Lentil Patties
Adapted from Meet the Coup Cooks cookbook
Makes 4-6 patties
- cup of cooked brown or red lentils
- 1 cup of cooked brown rice
- cup of parsley, chopped
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 small beet, shredded
- 1-2 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1” ginger, grated
- 2 Tbsp each of sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp hemp hearts, toasted
- ½ tsp of cumin
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 C and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Form 4-6 patties and lay them on top of the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve as a burger, or on top of salad with tomatoes, sprouts, dandelion greens, arugula, pickles, feta, etc., and a vinaigrette of your choice. Freeze for quick lunches.
|Calories (kcal)||200||Protein (g)||8.8|
|Carbohydrates (g)||28.6||Fat (g)||6|
|Sugar (g)||5.6||Saturated Fat||0.8|
|Fibre (g)||5.5||Sodium (mg)||160.7|