This marinade provides a magical burst of flavour to the Basa fish. Serve with an oil and vinegar topped salad and a brown basmati & wild rice blend for a nutritious and satisfying meal. For a gluten free version, use a Worchestershire sauce substitute such as The Wizard’s Organic Gluten Free Worcestershire Sauce.
- 680 grams Basa fish fillets (skinless and boneless)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lower sodium tamari sauce
- 3 Tbsp white wine (can use cooking wine)
- 3 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes or a few drops of hot sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- Black pepper to taste
- Combine marinade ingredients and mix well. Marinate fish for at least 1 hour.
- Take each fillet of Basa and lay in the middle of a sheet of aluminum foil (24-inch by 12-inch sheet of foil for every 6-ounce or 180 gram piece of fish). Season each fillet of fish with some marinade. Wrap the fish in the foil and twist the top to seal.
- Heat the barbecue to 400 Farenheit then place the foil packets, crimped sides up, on the grill and cook for about 10 minutes (more if it’s frozen). You can use a meat thermometer to check that it has an internal temperature of at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit; fish will be opaque and flake when fully cooked. Steam that escapes the foil packet when you open it is hot enough to burn you very quickly; keep your face away from the top of the packet and open it slowly. Use oven gloves to protect your hands and wrists.
|Calories (kcal)||322.5||Protein (g)||15.9|
|Carbohydrates (g)||3.3||Fat (g)||26.4|
|Sugar (g)||1.1||Calcium (mg)||53.7|
|Fibre (g)||0.1||Sodium (mg)||501|
|Iron (mg)||2.2||Potassium (mg)||504|