Dr. Jaleh Shahin is a consulting psychologist at the Copeman Healthcare Centre in Vancouver.
Dr. Shahin has extensive experience working as a mental health professional in a wide variety of settings including primary care, hospitals, community mental health clinics, university clinics, and private practice.
Dr. Shahin holds a Doctorate and a Master of Education in Counselling Psychology from the University of Alberta as well as a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology and Psychology (Honors) from McMaster University. Dr. Shahin previously held an academic position with the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry (FoMD) at the University of Alberta. Here she developed FoMD’s in-house mental health program and was responsible for management and provision of all aspects of psychological services offered to physicians in-training as well as other healthcare students. She also taught in the Undergraduate and Postgraduate Medical Education programs and delivered numerous provincial, national and international presentations and workshops. She has a special interest in medical professionals’ mental health and wellbeing.
Clinically, Dr. Shahin has worked with children, adolescents, adults, couples and families providing mental health services including assessment, diagnosis, intervention, consultation, workshops, research and program evaluation. She is a member of the College of Psychologists of British Columbia, College of Alberta Psychologists, Canadian Psychological Association, and the International OCD Foundation.
Dr. Shahin is now accepting new patients. She offers services to children, youth, and adults. Examples of issues for which you can access support include:
- Stress management and burnout
- Mood disorders (depression, bipolar disorder, etc.)
- Anxiety, social anxiety, panic disorder, phobias (ex. specific fears such as fear of needles, heights, etc.)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Trauma, sexual abuse/assault, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Eating disorders and disordered eating
- Sexual orientation, identity and gender expression
- Relationships and family concerns
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Exposure and Response Prevention (EXRP)
- Prolonged Exposure (PE)
You can reach Dr. Shahin by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.