What is Copeman Kids?
A strong relationship exists between a child’s early health & development and their later achievements in life. The Copeman Kids program provides parents and parents-to-be with advanced health services and helpful guidance to ensure that their children (newborn to age 17) have the best chance of developing a sound physical, cognitive and psychological foundation. Building a strong foundation will lower their chances of developing health issues or health-risk behaviors as they grow into adults.
Why Copeman Kids?
The Copeman Kids program is designed to proactively help children (newborn to age 17) develop to their full physical, mental, behavioural and academic potential. To accomplish these goals, Copeman Kids is designed to closely track & monitor a child’s health and development through;
- Prevention-focused health screenings
- Proactive family health education
- The expertise of an inter-professional team
- Same day visits and care when you need it
What can I expect at a Copeman Kids visit?
The Copeman Kids program provides screenings and assessments that are appropriate to age and development from infant to young adult. During your child’s hour-long screening we will evaluate physical health as well as behavioral and social-emotional well-being.
- Comprehensive health history
- Comprehensive physical examination
- Age & risk appropriate immunizations (BC only)
- Social competence
- Emotional well-being
- Speech and language development
- Specialist referrals for children not meeting developmental milestones
- Promotion of positive behaviours & healthy lifestyle choices
- Health promotion, disease & injury prevention
- Guidance and empowerment for children to take an active role in their health
- Information on community-based early child development
- Promotion of early literacy activities
What’s included in the Copeman Kids Program?
Copeman Kids includes age-appropriate health screenings, developmental assessments, ongoing care and educational seminars. Extended Copeman Kids programming including psychology services, personalized fitness and nutrition programs are also available on a fee-for-service basis. For pricing, please refer to our fee schedule.
Note: All medically necessary diagnostic and treatment services that may be provided by the physicians practicing from the Copeman Healthcare Centre – or from your family doctor – are paid for by the government under your provincial health insurance plan. The fees charged by Copeman Healthcare are strictly for non-insured health services; payment of the non-insured health services fee is not a condition of access to insured services and does not guarantee access to insured physician services.